Motion 101 - Introduction to Motion
Create brilliant titles, transitions, effects, and more with Motion 5, the motion graphics companion to Final Cut Pro X. This hands-on course starts with motion graphics fundamentals and moves into compositing, animation, and the world of 3D. Explore new intelligent templates to quickly and flexibly create high-quality effects, titles, transitions, and generators as well as create rigs to adjust related parameters with a single control.
Upcoming Class Dates:
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Creating Smart Motion Templates and publishing them to Final Cut Pro X
- Creating parameter rigs to quickly adjust with a single control
- Understanding behavior-based animation
- Using keyframes to create animation
- Creating content with Generators, shapes and paint strokes.
- Stabilizing and tracking media
- Animating cameras and using advanced 3D features.
Who Should Attend
This class is designed for students who are looking to learn more about creating motion graphics using Motion and who prefer hands-on, interactive instruction.
Students should have the following prerequisite knowledge prior to attending the course:
- Knowledge of macOS and basic computer navigation
- Basic knowledge of editing terminology is highly recommended
Instructor in Action
Note: The curricula below comprise activities typically covered in a class at this skill level. The instructor may, at his/her discretion, adjust the lesson plan to meet the needs of the class.
Lesson 1: Motion Fundamentals
- Getting around in motion
- Building a composite
Lesson 2: Animation
- Creating Animation with Behaviors
- Animating with Keyframes
Lesson 3: Motion Graphics Design
- Creating content with shapes, generators, and paint strokes
- Creating text effects
- Working with Particle Emitters and Replicators
- Using Audio
Lesson 4: Visual Effects Design
- Speed changes and optical flow
- Keying and compositing
Lesson 5: Introduction to Publishing and Rigging
- Publishing smart templates for Final Cut Pro
- Rigging and publishing widgets
Lesson 6: Introduction to 3-D
- Building a 3-D Scene
- Animating cameras and using advanced 3-D features